The Gazette of the Government of India - British Library references
Professor Peter Havholm, who researched the conclusions of the Dufferin Report, and the responses in the Pioneer, for this entry, has provided the following BL references
Below are details of the main screen for the Gazette of India (1864-1950) in the Integrated British Library Catalogue. You find it by searching for "Gazette of India" and then choosing the appropriate dates.
Holdings note Oriental Collections IOR/V/11/1-359 1864-1947
General Reference Collection O.G.I.40 Jan. 5, 1895-April 25, 1936. Serial holdings
- [Gazette of India (1864) ] Title
- The Gazette of India. Dates of pub. Jan. 6, 1864-Jan. 21, 1950. Publisher/year
Calcutta : Published by Authority, 1864-1950.
- Physical descr. v. ; 26-33 cm.
- General note Title from caption. Vols. for 1864-Aug. 9, 1947 issued by India under British rule; for Aug. 16, 1947-Jan. 21, 1950 by the Dominion of India. Issued by the Government of India. No more received.
- The number of parts to each issue varies. Numbering note Issued in parts.
- Supplement note Has supplements, indexes and extraordinary issues.
- Subject Gazettes -- India. Continued by India. Gazette of India (1950). Gazette of India Related item Bharat ka rajapatra
Details Shelfmark O.G.I.40
Request Shelfmark IOR/V/11/1-359
[P.H.] November 2011